• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Venice lodging

braindoc

100+ Posts
We just finalized our tickets for a short trip to Venice and Bologna, arriving Oct 28 and leaving on Nov 6. Our oldest daughter is coming with us. It does not seem that it is common to find suites with 2 separate bedrooms and a common area in most Venetian hotels. (I’m not looking at places like the Cipriani or the Danieli.)

Certainly 2 separate rooms is the obvious solution but we’d rather spend our money on food and wine. My wife and I have been to Venice 7 or 8 times, so we don’t need the assistance of a hotel. Before we settle on a room with a double + a sofa bed, I thought I’d ask if anyone has an apartment recommendation.

Cannaregio is our preferred location.

No experience with 2BR in Cannaregio but this apartment is about halfway between Rialto and Santi Apostoli. Views on Venice has 3 similar apartments in the same building. If you scroll through reviews you'll see I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. Views on Venice is a good agency as is Truly Venice from my experience.

I cannot recommend highly enough Elisa's apartment, linked above. If You get serious about it, please let me know and I will give you her direct contact info which will likely save you a few euros.
We have started looking at the above recommendations and are very interested in Elisa’s apartment. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff W

No experience with 2BR in Cannaregio but this apartment is about halfway between Rialto and Santi Apostoli. Views on Venice has 3 similar apartments in the same building. If you scroll through reviews you'll see I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. Views on Venice is a good agency as is Truly Venice from my experience.
Elisa’s apartments are not available for our dates, but I was able to book one of the Musicanti apartments. Thanks Gail.

I hope it works out for you. We tend to prefer Dorsoduro so have more experience with apartments there, but the Musicanti worked out for us when travelling with family on shorter notice. It is a bit of a walk from any vaporetto stop. Not too far from Ai Promessi Sposi that I think I recall you recommending. I had memorable tagliata there in March.

Thanks Gail. Having lodging settled for our two stops is a big relief.

It has become our tradition to have our first dinner in Venice at Ai Promessi Sposi, and we see no reason not to continue that this trip. Now comes the fun part planning everything else. I’ll probably start a new thread with a food-related question.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis

Back