• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

South West Very short Report-Dorset and teeny bit on London

Lisa in Ottawa

500+ Posts
We are in Dorset now very close to Steve and Pauline. It has been wonderful visiting with them and their friend Cheryl who is also on SE. They've been very good to us showing us the sights, offering advice and taking walks and having meals together. Usually it's just Ron and me. This has felt like a real social time. The countryside is gorgeous, of course. The weather has been iffy but that's to be expected. There are so many walks to take! We certainly won't do them all. Held back by weather and Ron's foot issues.
I down loaded The French Lieutenant's Woman to get in the mood for Lyme Regis. Mmm not sure it will enthrall as much as it did in my 20s.
Before coming to Dorset we met Jonathan(from SE) and his wife Philipa for lunch and that was great. They chose a wonderful place by Bourough Market. A foodie's delight. They seem quite pleased with their move from Dorset to Isle of Dogs.
We stayed at Penn Club in Bloomsbury. It was great. Very simple. Long flights of stairs to the top rooms overlooking a garden. It's right in front of Russell Square. You have access to a kitchen where you can prepare por assemble simple meals. There is a TV room with newspapers and a quiet room(library), It is owned by Quakers and has an air of quiet gentility. I would stay again.

Today was gloomy. We took Cheryl to the train and she is in Italy now. In the afternoon we wandered around Lyme Regis with Lisa and Ron. Here they are on The Cobb.

C9E987AA-E864-48A9-BF99-0F2B9DD1BDA8.jpeg

An earlier photo of me and Cheryl on Chesil Beach. Another atmospheric day.

39B6D7FC-A636-4D19-9940-611672B730E8.jpeg

Lisa, glad you enjoyed the Penn Club. We stayed there for a week in September 2016, and also found it congenial, and well-located for visiting the British Museum.

Sadly, we leave Dorset tomorrow and drive to Heathrow and then on to Dublin for a few days. Although the weather has been gloomy and rainy much of the time we still enjoyed ourselves immensely. Part of our pleasure we owe to Pauline and Steve, who provided us with lots of good company, information and several delicious meals.

The area is fantastic for walking. I adore the english countryside.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina