• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

What Happened To Woolite Travel Packets???

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
IF our trip to Morocco goes as planned in March we'll have 2 1/2 days in New York, then 16 days in Morocco, so doing laundry along the way is going to be necessary. I just looked on Amazon and they don't carry the Woolite in travel packs any more! (Although there IS another brand available). Our local AAA office used to carry them but the last time we were there for an IDP they didn't have any travel accessories on display. Anyway, I was just wondering when the Woolite packs disappeared and why - any thoughts?

hmmm, woolite travel packets? I just use shampoo to rinse out things. You are much more elegant than I, Barb!! Morocco sounds divine. If you're traveling before Easter I bet the virus situation will be fairly calm. The pattern seems to be: holiday, gather, incubate and lots of cases, then a few weeks go by when all settles downward.

Here's an answer from a seller on Amazon, from about two years ago :
"The parent company of Woolite has decided to discontinue the single serve packets... they only are going big bottles to tackle the bigger brands like Tide....
So.... this item that we've carried by them for almost 20 years is no longer available..... BUT we were able to get a hold of a few remaining boxes that we had to purchase at a premium... it's a bummer because once they're gone we will not be able to carry "woolite" but will be forced to carry another brand hopefully."

Can you find the laundry soap sheets/strips from where you live?
There are some made in Canada called Tru Earth Laundry Strips.
We use them at home now to avoid buying big plastic bottles of laundry liquid.
They are great for travel as they weigh nothing, and they will froth up a bit if you use them for hand washing.
I don't know if you can order them for US delivery?
There may be other companies making them now too.

They are great for travel as they weigh nothing, and they will froth up a bit if you use them for hand washing.

I have some laundry strips but wasn't sure if they would work for handwashing. I'll give them a try!

We use another brand of laundry strips exclusively now at home. The brand we use is called Earth Breeze and one envelope/packet is enough for 60 loads. Since we're planning to be in Italy and Sicily for almost 8 weeks beginng in mid-April, we are bringing a whole packet with us since it weighs little and will easily fit in one of travel bags. I think you could use 1/2 sheet of one of these laundry strip to do hand-washing.

These are amazing!! You can get them in the US via the website above or even through Amazon. The amount of packaging is reduced by so much, and all of it is biodegradable.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina