• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Zurich Airport information needed

dperrigan

Hi there. I posted this in the Switzerland forum yesterday but I realized today that the last post in that forum was in June. So I'm crossposting it here. Since my destination is Italy I figure it counts :)

This summer I will be traveling with my family from Newark to Florence, transferring in Zurich (Swiss air). I've never transferred through that airport. Does anyone have any experience? Specifically I'm wondering about the passport entry process -- does that drop us off inside the secured area, or would we need to go through security again? Are all the shops and restaurants accessible in the secure area? Is it possible to go to and from any of the terminals while waiting for a flight?

I'm asking because we have a 4 hour layover and would like to have a leisurely meal and shop around without having to worry about going through security if we don't need to.
Any recommendations on meals?
Thanks,
Dan

I’m going to move this to Travel Talk where more people will see it.

I’ve used the Zurich airport several times but not recently and not to transfer. It is a smallish airport.

If I remember correctly (and keep in mind I don't have a great memory for details, LOL), that when arriving in Zurich (for me, from Boston) you do NOT go through security again and there are shops, places to eat, etc. I like the airport because the signage is clearly marked and, unlike Frankfurt and Munich, you don't have to go up to go down etc. The best part about Zurich is the tram and the yodeling, cows mooing and cow bell sounds you hear while riding! :)

Flew from Boston through Zurich on to Italy today. We did have to go through passport control in Zurich but no additional security screening. A very easy transition between terminals.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina