• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Air travel within Europe?

BryanS

100+ Posts
Has anyone recently traveled within Europe by air? Curious if all the airlines and countries are following the same protocols - Green Pass, testing, masks, etc.

Not totally on point but - Yesterday, we flew from the USA to Venice via Frankfurt. An Austrian airlines flight was boarding 2 gates from our Lufthansa flight. Austrian required N95 masks, not regular surgical masks. Quite a few people did not seem to know this and they had to rush to buy the N95. I cannot say if this was only for flights to Austria from the USA, or if it applies to intra-European flights as well.

Another oddity: There was an announcement on the Frankfurt-Venice Lufthansa flight that coats could not be stored in the overhead bins, per Italian rules. (Carry-on bags could go in the bins.) The coats needed to be hung from hooks on the seat in front of you, put in your hand bags, or placed under the seat in front of you. Passengers in row 1 or in the exit rows COULD stow their coats in the overhead bins. No, I’m not making this up.

The most thorough vetting of our documents took place in Newark’s Lufthansa business lounge. The agent examined our Covid test results (I have more to post about that later) intensely, even more than the check-in for our originating United flight in Boston. She examined our vaccination cards and passenger locator forms closely. Not even the German police officer at passport control was as thorough.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina