• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Airfare From Rome to London

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
What's considered a 'good' airfare on the route? I'm looking for next summer and the evening flight on British Air (leaving FCO at 7:10 pm) is the cheapest - £89, with one piece of checked luggage! Without checking luggage it's £72. We could buy one of each! Is this the cheapest I can expect for next summer, based on previous fares? I need a point of comparison! (and no, I don't want to consider Ryan Air)

That is about the cheapest fare with BA that I see when booking. Try putting in other dates to see if the fares are higher because of the summer or if this is as cheap as you will find it.

Also compare with Easyjet just to see if there is much difference. With Easyjet you pay for checked bags in the booking process, and it is a high fee.

Also compare with Easyjet just to see if there is much difference. With Easyjet you pay for checked bags in the booking process, and it is a high fee.
Good idea! Like SWA here in the states, Easyjet doesn't go as far ahead with their reservation system, but from what I saw, the prices on Easyjet were more expensive!

To be honest, all the extra fees and penalties for not checking in online, etc just make me want to go with BA, but further research does show "lowest" fares of various months (Sept -May) as low as £42 + luggage....but with no idea of which flights/times are that price. I'm not going to buy my tickets yet, but now I know that the lowest fares are always at odd times!

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina