• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

bobdxcool

I'm traveling to salzburg on the 14th october and will reach there in the afternoon. Planning to stay there till the 17th of October morning from where I fly to mallorca. I plan to explore around Salzburg on 14th. On 15th I plan to go to Berchtesgaden, kings lake and eagles nest by public transportation and return back to Salzburg in the evening. On 16th I plan to go to hallstatt village, dechstein ice caves and 5 fingers (or schafberg rail ride or werfen ice caves instead depending on transport availability and which are closer) again by public transportation and return back to Salzburg in the evening.
In Salzburg, please suggest on the places that can be visited.
Please let me know if traveling to these places by public transportation is a good idea and if it would be economical compared to renting a car. We are two people and had got a quote for renting a car from Salzburg airport for 120 euros for 2 days with zero excess and with a deposit of 150 euros (renting using a debit card using a company called indigo car hire based out of UK). I'm skeptical of driving around in Austria (as it would be my first time driving in Europe). I have my Indian license in English and dont have a IDP (rental company said it's not needed).
Also, please feel free to suggest any alternative places to visit if they are more beautiful and easier to access than the places I have written above or also if I should cut down on the number of places to be visited.

I have my Indian license in English and dont have a IDP (rental company said it's not needed).
Be aware: The rental company doesn't care whether or not you have an IDP, all they want to do is rent you the car. The local police, OTOH, definitely DO care. Hopefully you'll never be involved in an accident where the IDP would be needed, but even if you're just stopped for a routine documents check, having an IDP is well worth $20, or whatever it costs in your country.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina