• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Croatia Advice Please!

Thank, Shannon. There's plenty of time to decide, but it this point I'm leaning to taking the Ancona-Split ferry, With the bit that I understand of the geography, I would prefer to then take the catamaran to Hvar Town, where the property owner would meet us, rather than go to Stari Grad and need a bus or taxi.

Maybe it's more of a question for him, but I'm wondering if, subject to changes in the exact time, this listing from Croatia Ferries is reliable for April. I understand that Kapetan Luka is the same as Krilo, but their site schedule doesn't list so many runs for April (month 04): as I read it, only 9 a.m.

If we have some daytime hours to kill in Split, is there a place to check bags?

Andrew, I would not take that Croatia ferries site too seriously. I go to the Krilo site and also the Jadrolinija site to check schedules. I know they are not up yet for next year, but I do know that the catamarans TO Split are usually in the morning and BACK from Split are in the afternoon. They are for the local people to commute for doctors appointments, shopping etc. Don't sweat this part.

There is a place to check bags very close to the bus/train station, and its just across the street from the catamaran and ferry area. Easy peasy.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina