• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

EU may recommend banning US travelers

Pauline

Forums Admin
Very bad news. The decision will be made today. The EU is not happy that the US has not opened to EU countries. Each country makes its own decision and some have stated they would not ban vaccinated US travelers, so I don’t know what will come of this.

From the Wall Street Journal:

EU Set to Recommend Halting Nonessential Travel From the U.S.​

The European Union action is in response to the increase in U.S. coronavirus cases​

View: https://twitter.com/ppaulcharles/status/1432090774737506306?s=21

Can't say I blame them. what a mess. I feel badly for those who have tickets/tours planned even as soon as next week. I wonder if they'll be able to travel?

Can't say I blame them. what a mess. I feel badly for those who have tickets/tours planned even as soon as next week. I wonder if they'll be able to travel?
I think they will be able to travel but this news is upsetting. Most countries won’t ban vaccinated Americans IMO but I’ve been wrong several times this past year.

At our age, this breaks my heart. If our October trip is canceled, it will be our fourth time. We always travel to Italy, twice a year, May and October. We've had our vaccinations, but who knows!!!!
keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you both that you can still go. those of us who follow the rules and have done everything asked of us shouldn't be penalized because of *&%$ing idiots! Please keep us posted on your October plans.

We have a Transatlantic Cruise schedule for a late November crossing. The ship originates in Italy, with stops in France, Spain, Madeira, and the Azores. It appears the EU is recommending the ban, but leaving the actual decision up to individual member states. I wonder what will happen if one of the stops follow the recommendation and the rest say come on in.

I see that the Netherlands has now designated the USA as a "high risk" country. Vaccinated tourists can still enter the Netherlands but must self-quarantine for 10 days. I don't expect they will see many tourists at this point! (This excludes stays of less than 12 hours or people just transiting through).

We are members of the European Tourism Association and their update yesterday stated "In general, we continue to expect fully-vaccinated visitors, with appropriate tests, vaccines and certification, will be admitted by most states: American visitors are sorely missed."

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina