• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

FCO Transfer to Rome Hotel

LoveItaly

10+ Posts
We've always used Rome Cabs and just tried to book and they're fully booked for our mid-September date so I need some other recommendations. Can't believe they're booked and same with Roscoli. I guess the crowds will still be there in September just hope the heat subsides.

We've always used Rome Cabs and just tried to book and they're fully booked for our mid-September date so I need some other recommendations. Can't believe they're booked and same with Roscoli. I guess the crowds will still be there in September just hope the heat subsides.
Like Gail, Rome Shuttle Limousine is my go-to as well. I've used it for more than a decade for guests and colleagues coming to Rome, as well as any time I must go to and return from the airport. Very reliable.

There has been a lot in the news lately about problems this year with the inadequate number of taxis in Rome overall. The levels of visitors are at an all-time high, yet the number of taxi licences in Rome hasn't increased in more than a decade. Demand outstrips supply, hugely.

Thanks to both of you for the Rome Shuttle Limo recommendation. I'll see if they're available. Interesting about the shortage of taxis. I hope the crowds thin out by mid-September.

Thanks to both of you for the Rome Shuttle Limo recommendation. I'll see if they're available. Interesting about the shortage of taxis. I hope the crowds thin out by mid-September.
We have used several different companies to get us transferred from Fiumicino to the center of Rome. Just recently, we hired Honey Singh (honeycarservice@gmail.com) for that service. He sent one of his drivers, Lino, who drove carefully and within the speed limit. The cost may be higher than hiring a cab; perhaps, but the company knows Rome and a safe driver is always appealing!
Another company we have used, self owned, is Manrico Matteucci's "Van's 4 Hire". Again, a careful driver. Manrico can be reached at 393395450438.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina