• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Global Entry

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
When we arrived in Philly from Rome, we did automated passport scans. When we walked through the Global entry lane, the agent said we were in the wrong line, and should have some sort of recipt to give her. We have TSA Precheck plus Global Entry. Where was I supposed to get the receipt? What am I missing?

At least in Boston, the Global Entry lane has kiosks where you position your face in front of the camera so it shows in a designated spot on the screen and it spits out a receipt.

It took me a few minutes (in ORD) to figure out how to position the camera for my short stature. Before that it kept telling me I was not accepted......

I haven't bothered with it even though my AMEX card will cover the cost. We arrive at Boston and we always go through customs quickly. The delay is always waiting for our luggage. :(

A funny thing. In August, 2019, we came back from Italy with another couple who had Global Entry. They did get through customs a couple minutes ahead of us, but we both had to wait for the luggage. Then once we both got our luggage, they were selected for a search as we just walked right out! :D

A couple of recent posts on FlyerTalk refer to a change of procedure:

After approving your face scan, the kiosk no longer spits out a paper slip. The kiosk screen simply tells you to proceed to the officer who scans your passport and waves you through.
In Miami yesterday, the kiosk just instructed us to proceed about 10-15 seconds after snapping our pictures. After a few more seconds, the CBP agent at the exit from the GE kiosk area called our names and then looked at our passports and that was it; he asked no questions about having anything to declare (we did not). There seemed to be a couple more agents standing at the door just after the baggage carousels and before the agricultural inspection area. We had no interactions with them.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina