• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hello from Barolo, Italy

Valentina Vaira

Hello to everybody!
My name is Valentina, I live in Barolo, in the Langhe valley in Piedmont and I run La Rosa Gialla with my family.

I love my job because I can know a lot of people around the world, even if I can't travel a lot ! Travelling it's always a dream.

So if I can help you with some advice for visiting this unique land: wine tasting, food experience, MTB trails and paths, and beautiful villages,..
will be a very pleasure!

Hello Valentina and welcome here!
My wife and I have a very special place in our hearts for Piemonte. We have been three times, and is practically the only place we travel to abroad. We were hoping for a short trip in October, but this seems out of the question right now.
What is the situation with regards the virus in Piemonte?

Ciao Valentina!

My partner and I (plus briefly a friend) stayed in your apartments on the edge of Monforte a few years ago (2012 to be precise). Definitely recommended to forumites, and with a lovely walk into Monforte along a very quiet lane. I'm guessing you now have the wines in full production - when we stayed you'd just bottled the Barbera. Hopefully your lovely sun-deck is beautifully lit up with flowers again.

I hope everything is going well over there - or at least as well as possible in the current situation. Italy caught the initial brunt in a terrible way, and I very much felt for the medical staff, who on our one experience of Italian hospitals (Lipari - Isole Eolie) were very genuinely compassionate to us.

We look forward to returning, to old favourites such as Torino, Le Langhe, Cuneo and Ghemme, but also to explore places new to us (Tortona and Carema/Biella were in tentative plans that are for now on hold). Trentino will also draw us across to the East again, and if so, Emilia-Romagna makes a perfect entry/exit for stocking up on food.

Regards
Ian

Welcome, Valentina,
I hope things are improving for you. Piemonte holds a very special place in our hearts. We first started travelling to Italy about 30 years ago when my husband was working in that region (near Mondovi), and we have been back many times since then. Looking forward to our next visit.

Valentina , I will take you up on your offer,
Currently we will be staying in Alba for 5 nights in September as of now.
So if I can help you with some advice for visiting this unique land: wine tasting, food experience, MTB trails and paths, and beautiful villages,..
will be a very pleasure!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina