• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hello from California

Maytag

Greetings!
Just found Slow Europe Travels while researching our 2 month walk about in Spain, including the Canary Islands. Thank you Pauline for your Tenerife trip report!
My partner and I have done a fair amount of "slow travel" with hiking being the primary focus. We try and plan two month stays in one country so that we can slow down and take it in; we found that walking through parts of a country can be a fantastic way to see experience the culture.
Our trips usually include some sort of multi-day hike from town to town or hut to hut, self-supported and caring what we need but enjoying a nice bed, food and beverage at the end of a long day. A few adventures that we have enjoyed: AV1 in the Dolomites, Coast to Coast in the UK, TMB, Rota Vicentina combined with the Via Algarviana in Portugal as well as some other walks in New Zealand and Greece. Now we are now planning for the Coast to Coast in Andalucia.
I am looking forward to connecting with folks in the forum about travel plans an also be here to help others with their adventures if I can.
Many thanks and I really love how this forum is formatted!

Welcome to Slow Europe Travels forum @Maytag. Thanks for sharing about your interesting hiking adventures so far - it sounds like you both really embrace the slow travel mentality. And be sure to share trip reports of your Andalucia adventure once complete.

Thanks for offering to help others in turn. Your wealth of walking experiences in different regions will undoubtedly aid future planning. I'm sure we can all learn from each other. Wishing you safe and enjoyable travels!

Welcome Maytag
About walking in Andalucía, we did a lot of walking when we visited Andalucía for a couple of months in 2018, so you might find these helpful:

Thank you all for the nice words and the welcome to the Slow Europe forum, I am looking forward to participating and helping other travelers when I can.
Tina - thank you so much for the links, I really look forward to digging in.
We are excited to explore the region and slowing down for a while.
In May/June of this year we did a lot of walking in Sicily, started in Palermo and finished in Agrigento, fantastic to see the interior villages of Sicily. Love Italy but then again....love Greece, Spain, Portugal and so on. Addicted to hiking and exploring. :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina