• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help For 36 hours in London!

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
Next month we'll have one evening, then one very full day in London (Thurs 4/23 and Fri, 4/24). We're staying near Marble Arch, but I don't expect we'll arrive at the hotel until mid-afternoon at the earliest. We'll want to get something to eat (and we're fine with pub food or fish and chips). I think I'd like to take the Tube - or bus? - down to the Thames. Is the tower housing Big Ben still shrouded in scaffolding? We could just wander around, then find someplace for dinner, and/or we could book tickets for the London Eye. I don't want to be out too late since the next day will be very busy, but I also want to feel like in in LONDON!!!

Our friends Janet and Stephen live just outside of London and they'll be joining us the next day. I expect Stephen will have a full day planned, and at this point I really don't know what I'm leaning towards. A visit to the Tower is always on my agenda, as is the V&A. I've never been to the London Zoo, and I really like zoos, so if anyone has an opinion, please let me know. And of course there's always the weather to consider.

Our evening will end with a performance of Hamilton at the Victoria Palace Theater.

We've had nice food at the Doggett's Coat and Badge, which is at the south end of Blackfriars Bridge, so one possibility would be taking the 148 bus (picks up at stops C, D, R and S in Marble Arch) down to Westminster and then crossing over to the South Bank of the Thames and taking a walk along the river.

I'd cross back to the northern side by the Tate Modern using the Millennium Bridge which gives great views of St Paul's Cathedral, which will hopefully be all lit up if it's dark. There is a tube station on the Central Line to the north of the cathedral, and this will get you back to Marble Arch without any changes.

I think that seeing the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, the river and St Paul's will definitely leave you feeling hat you're in London!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina