• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hi from Bristol

Fiona

Hi all from Bristol in the south west of UK. We're still getting used to living in Somerset just 3 miles south of Bristol after 20+ years living in Gloucestershire/Cotswolds, the last 15 in the beautiful Minchinhampton area near Stroud. Yes, the home of the cows and the famous tea shop "The Kitchen" In the past we have had extended holidays in Wales, Scotland, Lake District and more recently France, we love France and dream of the day when 3-4 week extended breaks are the norm not the 1-2 weeks dictated by hum drum life!

Don't tell anyone, but we (my Steve and I) are planning a mid life crisis gap year in 3-4 years time....we just have to get the cuckoos all settled/finished university (and the financial implications of university off our backs) and fledged before shocking them with our rashness! We have no idea yet of what our slow year will entail or where we will go, by plane, camper van, bike....possibly boat! The only plan is we are going to do it at present!

That is a wonderful idea Fiona! Steve and I did something similar 25 years ago. We left Vancouver, Canada and spent a year living in different places in the US (Boston, western Massachusetts, Hawaii) and a year traveling in Europe. I was in my early 30s, Steve in his early 40s.

Kathy Wood, who is on these forums, spent a year and a half traveling in Europe, spending a week or two in many different places and then the winter in the Luberon in France. She did this with her husband Charley and their daughter Kelly in 2004 I think.

Shannon, also on these forums, spent a year living in Venice.

I look forward to hearing your plans!!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina