• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Italian Green Pass

@GalilS
Actually, yes: I would expect them to be aware that the Italian Government recognizes Canadian and US official vaccination records as equivalent to, and equal to, Covid vaccination documentations that satisfy the Italian Green Pass standards. Especially at stations for Frecce trains, major tourist destinations and on domestic flights.

We will be in Italy in two weeks, and will have our Canadian vaccination docs with us, as well as the regulations, printed, in Italian and English. Just in case. But I accept that this may be a challenge from place to place. As the Green Pass thing is new, any travellers from outside the EU will be testing the waters on this issue, so to speak.

@GalilS
Actually, yes: I would expect them to be aware that the Italian Government recognizes Canadian and US official vaccination records as equivalent to, and equal to, Covid vaccination documentations that satisfy the Italian Green Pass standards. Especially at stations for Frecce trains, major tourist destinations and on domestic flights.

We will be in Italy in two weeks, and will have our Canadian vaccination docs with us, as well as the regulations, printed, in Italian and English. Just in case. But I accept that this may be a challenge from place to place. As the Green Pass thing is new, any travellers from outside the EU will be testing the waters on this issue, so to speak.
Welcome, Damon! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hi @artnbarb,

Here we are again, and looking forward to meeting up again.

My 'middle of the night' musings are now mostly about getting a covid test before we return. Since Canada won't accept the rapid tests, we need the PCR or equivalent. That takes some time to get the results, so the timing of the test, getting the results, and getting on the airplane is going to be the real trick. And who knows how available the testing will be there. That will be the next phase of my inter-web searching.

I will be taking a train tomorrow from Milan to Bologna (I have a reservation). I will report what happened afterwards. I arrived today via Frankfurt. Once all of your paperwork is uploaded to your airline(s) no one here looks at it upon arrival. And while they talk about the social distancing, they have no problem stuffing the airport bus from the remote stand to the terminal, sigh. I have goggles that go over my glasses & double-mask in those situations.

Hi @artnbarb,

Here we are again, and looking forward to meeting up again.

My 'middle of the night' musings are now mostly about getting a covid test before we return. Since Canada won't accept the rapid tests, we need the PCR or equivalent. That takes some time to get the results, so the timing of the test, getting the results, and getting on the airplane is going to be the real trick. And who knows how available the testing will be there. That will be the next phase of my inter-web searching.
Friends assure us that we'll have no problem finding a place to be tested for ourreturntothestates, but I think your test takes more time, is that correct?

Yes. Canada requires the PCR test; that's the one that costs more and takes more time to get the results for. Italy is happy with a rapid test for entry to the country- or it seems, to get on the plane to go to Italy.

Does anyone have a link to the Italian government site that includes a reproduction of the CDC card as equivalent to their Green Pass? I know I've seen it before but can't find it now.

Does anyone have a link to the Italian government site that includes a reproduction of the CDC card as equivalent to their Green Pass? I know I've seen it before but can't find it now.
Scroll down this page and you'll see two links to a pdf. document which should have what you're looking for. Unfortunately, the links don't work for me, but you might be luckier...

I've been in France for 2-1/2 weeks and will be traveling to Italy (Puglia) by plane at the end of this month. I do have the French "pass sanitaire" with a QR code on my phone (an on paper) confirming I'm fully vaccinated.

Does anyone know if this is what I should show in Italy as my "green pass"... not the CDC vaccination card?

@Andrew: I also thought I saw something like that, but have no idea where. I just searched the Mimistry of Health website (salute.gov.it) but couldn’t find a reproduction of the card.

The August 28 ordinance still contains this language:

“Le certificazioni di cui al presente comma possono essere
esibite in formato digitale o cartaceo.” (The certifications referred to in this paragraph can be
exhibited in digital or paper format.)

It is disappointing to hear that some businesses are not accepting a card, only digital. I presume a photo on a cellphone is digital enough, no?

Scroll down this page and you'll see two links to a pdf. document which should have what you're looking for. Unfortunately, the links don't work for me, but you might be luckier...
Those links didn't work. Going directly to the U.S. Army Garrison in Italy site the links include this legalese document saying other countries' documentation is valid with the right information, but it doesn't name the CDC or reproduce their card.

At Milan Centrale they do have you go past a checkpoint to get to the tracks where it says they will take your temp (which did not happen). The only thing they wanted was to look at your ticket and they barely looked at it. On the train, they did ask for it and were familiar with the CDC card, which was acceptable to them. I was on a long distance Frecciarossa, but I was only going a shorter distance. The restaurant tonight in Bologna asked about a green card and was satisfied with the CDC cards.

When we were buying a train ticket today in Bologna ticket office for Friday, he did compare the CDC cards to a copy he had.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina