• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

London for a year?

michele29

10+ Posts
Anyone ever stayed for over three months? We’d love to go for a year but are unsure how to proceed. Just close up the condo and go ? Store the furniture and rent the condo?
Sell the place and just go?

suggestions ..

The UK has different rules than the EU. A visitor can stay for 6 months.

We came for 6 months in 2010 and are still here. We arrived on our US passports and flew back to the US a year later. When returning to the UK a week later we tried to enter on our US passports again as visitors but were refused when they asked when we were last in the UK. Luckily we had Irish passports which give us the right to live in the UK, so we showed those and were allowed in. Now we are. Ritish citizens because my mother was born here.

My advice would be to come for 6 months, rent out your condo furnished (we tried Sabbatical Homes to rent our house but ended up renting to friends). It isn’t easy to find long term furnished rentals in the UK. We rented a place long term that we had rented short term on a previous trip.

Do you have any way to live in the UK legally? Irish or British parents?

Many thanks, Pauline. I enjoyed reading your blog. we have no way of living in England legally, but a six month stay would be great. Thanks for the tips.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina