• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

New Umbria and Le Marche guide

Dana

100+ Posts
Buongiorno everyone, just to let you know that our new guide to our old stomping grounds has just come out-- basically our old Cadogan guide, now seriously updated as a guide for Bradt.. the very last independent general travel publisher left in the UK. Luckily I was able to go to do the research just before covid hit. It was wonderful seeing how very little in Umbria ever changes.. but what was especially interesting in the Marche was tracing all the extremely curious Carolingian associations... and all the hints that his great palace was there and not in Aachen. Who knew? Anyway if you're heading that way soon, it might be of use.
https://www.bradtguides.com/product/italy-umbria-the-marches-1-pb/

Hello Dana,
This is nice news, I hope! We have the Cadogan guide to Umbria at our place in Italy; it is one of the few guidebooks that we have held onto, as even though it was getting 'old', we always enjoyed the information and the presentation. So, we're hoping all the character and content of the Cadogan guides remains.

But please, stop telling everyone about Umbria! We're trying to keep it a secret.
Damon

Hello Dana,
This is nice news, I hope! We have the Cadogan guide to Umbria at our place in Italy; it is one of the few guidebooks that we have held onto, as even though it was getting 'old', we always enjoyed the information and the presentation. So, we're hoping all the character and content of the Cadogan guides remains.

But please, stop telling everyone about Umbria! We're trying to keep it a secret.
Damon
Hi Damon, Ah lovely to hear from you! Yes, it's really the same old Cadogan guide, updated and in a new slightly format and font with much better maps (which were excruciating to make, believe me!). It was a book dear to my heart so wanted to bring back to life somehow. I won't tell anyone else, don't worry! tanti auguri, Dana

Buongiorno everyone, just to let you know that our new guide to our old stomping grounds has just come out-- basically our old Cadogan guide, now seriously updated as a guide for Bradt.. the very last independent general travel publisher left in the UK. Luckily I was able to go to do the research just before covid hit. It was wonderful seeing how very little in Umbria ever changes.. but what was especially interesting in the Marche was tracing all the extremely curious Carolingian associations... and all the hints that his great palace was there and not in Aachen. Who knew? Anyway if you're heading that way soon, it might be of use.
https://www.bradtguides.com/product/italy-umbria-the-marches-1-pb/
I'm ordering this as soon as we get home! Thanks for the update, @Dana!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina