• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Nice to find you again Pauline!

Bill Thayer

10+ Posts
[I'm slow on the uptake, and just discovered Slow Europe today. It's nice to have your kind of resource online again!]

For those of you who might not be Pauline, I'm a guy who's done pieces of Italy and, a long time ago, good chunks of France very slowly: on foot. The trade-off, as always with slow travel, is that although I've spent a total of about 16 months of my life in Italy, I've never been to Venice, Naples, or Palermo: but I know Umbria exceedingly well — for a furriner, at any rate. Pauline's famous Circles — friendly amendment: I start with a Circle Zero, at the local (preferably Mom-and‑Pop) alimentari — are the only way to go.

Thanks Chris. It's mutual, I'm happy to see you and several others from those days. This time round though I may have very little to contribute: I haven't left Chicago in 8 years, and the USA in ten.

Bill I don't know why your second post did not go live immediately. I have the software set so that everyone's first post is held until I look at it (to protect against spammers who have a lot of passports to sell us), but once your post is approved, all the rest go live immediately. But your second one didn't. Ah, software :)

Salve! I'm still regretting having missed you, now so many years ago! As you probably know, S. Venanzo wound up, in part because of you, being the last one of the 92 comuni of Umbria I visited….

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina