• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Norwegian River Cruise

scaltro1

10+ Posts
My wife and I are intersted in going on a Norweigian River Cruise next year and would like advise and recommendations from people whio have experienced this kind of trip. I also want to know if there ane any of these crusies that offer private land tours of the cities and places they stop and dock at?
We have gone on a crusie before and experienced the local tours via bus load of people and a very limited visit and tour of the area. We do not enjoy a bus tour, and that is why I am asking about local private tours.
Thanky you,
Lou Scaltro

I haven't done a Norwegian River Cruise and am not aware of any. Norway isn't really river cruise scenery/country and doesn't have long rivers to cruise along. (It doesn't have anything like the Danube, Rhone, Rhine or Duoro. Rivers are short and tumble down the mountain sides in steep waterfalls.) It does have fantastic fjords though. There are a lot of companies that do cruises along these.

I have done several trips up the coast of Noway on the Norwegian Coastal Steamer from Bergen to Kirkenes and back. This takes 12 days round trip. It mainly sails in sheltered water between the mainland and off shore islands. As it is a working boat rather than a cruise ship, you get to see many places the cruise ships would NEVER venture (I'm thinking Berlevag at midnight...) Many of the stops are only short - just long enough for unloading and loading and can be any time of the day. It's a great way to see the real Norway and the scenery is stunning. There are organised excusions but they do tend to be expensive and we've always explored by ourselves. The ship docks close to the town

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina