• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Sweden Paris to Stockholm by train

Travels of a life

I used to live in Stockholm, and I love it because of its fantastic natural setting, at the crossroads of a lake and the sea, and the lifestyle of its people. I regularly go back there, and always with great pleasure.

I’ve always flown there, but this time, I wanted to go by train to visit Hamburg and Copenhagen along the way. This is also for ecological reasons because train travel emits the least CO2. So, I was curious to try to travel between the two capitals.

Traveling by train requires a different approach to time. The aim is no longer to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible but as pleasantly as possible. For this reason, I decided to make two different routes between the outward and return trips, with tourist stops of varying lengths.

On the outward journey, I had two objectives:
  • Visit Hamburg, a dynamic, rich, yet little-known port city.
  • Take the new night train from Hamburg to Stockholm, inaugurated by Swedish Railways less than a year ago.
I recount my travel in an article on my personal travel blog :

Paris – Stockholm by train

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis

Back