• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2019 No. 52 – Favorite 2019 Travel Photo

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt 2019 No. 52 – Favorite 2019 Travel Photo

It has been lovely to read everyone's most inspiring travel moments.

I traveled to Portugal and Spain in 2019. I couldn’t pick just one favorite travel photo, so I decided to create a collage with 9 of my favorite photos of that trip.

BEST 2019 TRVEL PHOTO rev.jpg

I want to thank Pauline so much for allowing us to have a Photo Hunt here on Slow Europe for the past three years. Time sure has flown by so fast. It has been so much fun. Many thanks to all of you who participated by sharing your travel photos and memories. And many thanks to Joe for posting during my absences while I was away traveling and to all of you who took the time to like and post comments. Everyone’s photos were filled with such beauty, humor, culture, food, fine wine, colorful sunsets, amazing architecture and landscapes, interactions with locals and fellow travelers and so much more.

I want to wish everyone a very Happy, Safe and Healthy New Year filled with many more new travel moments to experience, capture and treasure.

Last edited:
My favorite travel day of the year was a 1920s themed garden party at Highclere Castle that included champagne, cocktails, dancing to the Alex Mendham Orchestra and a tour of the castle with Lady and Lord Carnarvon. It truly felt as if we were guests at Downton Abbey.

IMG_1343.jpg

The Alex Mendham Orchestra
IMG_1103.jpg

Meredith with Lady Carnarvon
IMG_1126.jpg

Many thanks to Kathy for maintaining the Photo Hunt thread, a good way to see the world...
Thanks Pauline for keeping the site alive, and here's wishing all the forum a good twenty-twenty!
(Try and keep the travel footprint as low as possible...;))

Didn't get abroad this year, but no lack of places to hike through in my "backyard" here. One of my favorites in the region is the Kasui Dunes Reserve. One of the times I was there this year was after a rare rain, which left interesting shapes in what are usually dry and shifting sands.

st.png

I was tempted but I honestly wasn't sure if I should continue into 2020. As Joe mentioned, Photo Hunt is such a fun way of sharing our treasured photos with others and for learning of beautiful and interesting places around the world to see as well as some unique ideas for future travel experiences. I personally made note of some interesting places.

JMichael the 1920's themed garden party is so cool. And Joe, the Kasui Dunes Reserves are amazing. What wonderful photos to greet the New Year with!

Here are a few from our travels this year. La Roque Gageac from our porch, La Roque Gageac at night, , Crater Lake at Maroon Bells outside of Aspen, Sunset over Beynac and Rocamadour
La Roque from our porch.jpg
La Roque-Gageac at night.jpg
Maroon Bells.jpg
Sunset over Beynac.jpg
Rocamadeur.jpg

I also loved seeking the green spaces of Brugge especially when the center was swamped with tourists. Spring into summer 2019.

This last photo is the patio of our rental

I visited Brugge once as an two night day trip from Amsterdam. As your photos show, it is a lovely place to visit. Your rental had a very nice sitting area.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina