• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Salzburg Restaurants

Jabez

10+ Posts
Part of our trip (Munich, Salzburg, Dolomites, Modena & Tuscany) this year is in the Salzburg area. Any restaurant recommendations that don't break the bank?

We love Salzburg, and do know it well! I'm not sure what you would think doesn't "break the bank," but here are some we can definitely recommend. We've been to all these places several times.

Hotel Stadtkrug - on the Linzergassee.... beef from their farm. Very old building, really great place.

Gablerbrau - also on the LInzergasse - historic building, traditional Austrian food. We like their goulashsuppe.

s'Hertzl - casual restaurant at the 5* Hotel Goldener Hirsch. Has been closed for renovations.

Cafe Tomaselli - famous coffee house. Great cakes. Also services a light lunch, right in the center of Salzburg.

Augustiner Brau - huge historic beer hall... part of a monastery... kind of a food court for food. Worth the walk... go there!

I'm happy to answer any questions about Salzburg or Munich...

Kathy

Thank you so much. I'm sure as we get closer to the dates I'll be basking many questions.

In Salzburg we enjoyed Zirkelwirt. We ate out on the deck and were casually dressed. Gasthof Alte Fuchs was also wonderful.

We enjoyed the brew pub in nearby Anthering.

Loved everything about Raggei-Brau. It's a local place that serves the occasional tourist. Great locally brewed beer and very solid food. Friendly and fun.

My wife had the goulash with spatzle and it was excellent. My mixed grill was pretty good, only downside was the frozen vegetables. Boys had sausages and wienerschnitzel and devoured everything.

Great selection of beers and our waiter was most entertaining. If we had more time in Salzburg we would have eaten here again!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina