• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed SIM card for several countries

Christian

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
When travelling, we usually get a SIM card upon arrival in a new country. This time around (in May), we are doing Prague, Vienna and Budapest. I was wondering if there is a SIM card that covers more than one European country. I hope we don't have to get a different one in each country and before researching further, I wanted to get opinions from slow travelers. Thank you!

You might see what travel plan your home provider (in Canada?) offers. For a Europe-based plan, one provider I see across several countries is Vodafone: I see ads for their eSim but have no recommendation to make: https://travel.vodafone.com/ . Another site to look at is the Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki. I see their note that a SIM you get in your first country generally works at domestic rates across Europe.

SIM cards covering several European nations are available. These are often called "EU roaming" or "Europe-wide" SIM cards. One popular option is the "Europe SIM Card" offered by various mobile operators and third-party providers. It is crucial to confirm the coverage and the exact countries covered by the plan before making a purchase.

We’ve used Airalo esims several times. Very affordable and easy to use. They have a European esim that covers 39 countries. They are data only.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina