• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Switzerland to / from Italy green card travel restriction question

reajackson

10+ Posts
Hi Pauline - I had to re-register but no problem doing so - I have been on and off this site for years.
Planning travel to Switzerland for a long hike on the Via Alpina in a year and trying to gather info on travel restrictions esp on trains and planes going to / from Switzerland to Italy and back - since Switzerland is not in the EU seems that this will pose an issue going to EU countries such as Italy?

Anyone know of difficulties getting about between the two countries. SBB train website cautions passing through Italy due to delays on the trains to inspect passports / green vaxx cards.

Thanks.
Rea

Hi Rea, I sent you a private message about your registration. The old one should still be there and I can merge it with this new one.

Switzerland is not in the EU but it is in the EU economic zone, so travel between Switzerland and EU countries is easy. We have driven between Switzerland and Italy (last year) and they only stop you coming into Switzerland to sell you the tax disc you need for your car. Driving into Italy I did not notice the border.

I will move this thread to the Italy forum.

We are driving into France and then Switzerland next week and I will let you know about checking vaccination status, but your CDC card should get you in. A year from now everything may have changed.

We are driving into France and then Switzerland next week and I will let you know about checking vaccination status, but your CDC card should get you in. A year from now everything may have changed.
Any follow up on your Swiss to France trip - vaccine updates and CDC card good?
Rea

We are in Switzerland now. We entered Europe by car into France where they looked at our vaccination paperwork (from the NHS in the UK). Crossing into Switzerland by car they did not check anything - not passports, not vaccination status. We did receive a text from the Swiss Government saying we needed to quarantine on arrival if unvaccinated but no one has checked.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina