• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

The Best Time to Visit India

Shyguy

10+ Posts
I have been watching a lot of videos of Western travelers visiting India and most of them had very good experiences. The best thing is the budget and I do have enough savings to have a trip of 3 to 4 weeks later this year. I am thinking around October and November, what month should I choose to avoid extreme weather and too much crowd?

Either month would work well as you will be missing the monsoon season when it is very hot and hunmid and generally unpleasant. Temperatures will be slighly higher in October and you will also have a bit more daylight in the evenings. Depending on where you are going and doing, you will find Indian cities busy and crowded. (Think of the population of Delhi for example. Traffic is scary! ) Some of teh main tourist sites (Taj Mahal for example) are always busy but away from these, the smaller less popular tourist places away from the main areas of settlement will be less busy. Never having done a wild life safari in India, I can't comment as to the best time to see tigers and other animals.

India can challenge all the senses but is an incredible place to visit.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina