• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Trenitalia piloting new contactless tap payment feature for regionale train tickets

GAC

100+ Posts
Excellent news: Trenitalia is piloting a new contactless card payment feature on selected ticket validation machines between the stations of Verona Porta Nuova and Venezia Santa Lucia. The tap & tap program can be used exclusively to buy one single ticket per contactless card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express) for second class travel on unreserved Regionale and Regionale Veloce trains between those cities. The passenger must tap the card both at the departure and arrival stations. Only the standard fare will be offered (no child's fare), and multiple tickets cannot be purchased.

Being a pilot program, I expect that it will over time be extended to Trenitalia's entire network of regionale trains.

Note that Trenitalia Freccia and Intercity reserved trains are excluded.

Read details on the Trenitalia website. Search under tap & tap.

www.trenitalia.com

I haven't used it to buy many tickets yet but the Trenitalia app on my iPhone supports Apple Pay.

I was able to buy a ticket which is stored there, Torino to Milano Centrale for July.

I believe you get better fares if purchasing in advance so it may be worth setting up a Trenitalia account and buying tickets in advance, if your dates are firmed up.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina