• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Walking (part of) the Pembrokeshire Coast path in May 22

SusanSeattle

100+ Posts
Hello!
It's so nice to finally be planning a trip again. A couple of girlfriends and I are planning on walking part of the PCP next May. The hope is to walk from Dale to Whitesands Bay. Because the walks curve around the penninsula, we are planning on staying a few nights in places so that we don't have to move each day. We will take a taxi/bus to the start or end of the days walks. We will use a baggage company to move our suitcases so we only have to carry a daypack.

Right now we are planning to stay in Marloes (we will visit Skomer island one day), Little Haven (or Broad Haven), and then finally at St. Davids.

If anyone has visited this area, I would love to hear your thoughts. Are there any hotels/b&b's you'd recommend, restaurants, sites?

I just got back from walking on the Pembrokeshire coast!

We walked from St Non’s (St David’s area) to Whitesands over two days. Then walked a few other parts over the next three days. Loved it!

Best fish and chips at The Shed on the harbour in Porthgrain.

There are a few tourist buses along the coast but the best one is the Celtic Coaster that serves the St David’s area. It runs twice an hour in high season, probably once an hour when you will be there in May. It stops at St Non’s (but this is only a 20 minute walk to St David’s), Porth Clais (also a short walk to St David’s) and Whitesands. You could use it at the end of your walk from Whitesands.

Lists of tourist buses here with links to their schedules:

Thanks Pauline!

We also plan to spend a day or two in Cardiff. I know about some of the castles nearby, but I'd love to hear recommendations for places to hear music (perhaps in a church) or a play. I'd also love to hear about your favorite restaurants or hotels.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina