• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

What is your favorite town/village in Italy?

I have to second Lerici in Liguria. A magical place.

Lerici.jpg

We ate lunch there in October, 2011 - probably heard about it from someone on Slow Travel. We thought the food was very good and we loved the setting, too. I hope we get back to San Quirico this year, although we are staying farther north - just east of Siena - than we did in 2011 when we stayed at Terre di Nano.

I like Al Vecchio Forno better now than I have in the past...though my favorite place in San Quirico d'Orcia is Osteria del Cardinale (formerly Il Tinaio) right on the main street around the corner from the Palazzo del Capitano and up the street from the lovely Collegiata church.

Jim...I just added Osteria del Cardinale to my restaurants list! I think many of the restaurants we have visited are suggestions from you in the past.

I have far less experience traveling Italy than most of you, having made just one visit (new one next year!). But my favorite place we visited was Lucca. The tree-lined park along the old city walls was fabulous for walking and biking. We found several very good restaurants, and it is flat - another bonus. Siena was a close second, for its Duomo and the amazing people watching on the Campo. And while Volpaia isn't particularly scenic, we had a memorable lunch sitting outside at Bar Ucci on a picture-perfect September afternoon. Can't wait to go back.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina