• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Northern Italy Hiking in the Dolomites, Italy in 2020

As we've probably told you, we really like Baden Baden: I see from my notebook that we've stayed there at the beginning of 9 of our 11 Ostuni road trips!
A shame about the weather (both in Südtirol and for that return journey): driving the Autobahn in heavy rain is never very nice. But it was lovely to see your photos of the Seiseralm & Ortisei: nice memories of our time there quite a few years ago now.
Welcome home! And while I certainly wouldn’t want to be in Trump's America right now, I'm not sure that we're doing very much better over here... (whoops - is that too political for SE?:garlicman: )

We made it home at 8pm Saturday night after 12 hours on the road. The autoroute in France was empty. The Chunnel area was not busy but we managed to read a sign wrong and spent 30 minutes driving around that area of shopping malls and not finding the Chunnel. Roads home were good.

Photos of food things we hauled home.

C981142E-5F4E-46AA-8D55-7FD41C261B42.jpeg

From Switzerland: rosti, muesli, alpine herbs, linzertorte, cookies, cough drops, toothpaste.

3661D94C-99CC-47FE-A95E-91367E40C558.jpeg

From Italy: dried porcini, pesto, pasta sauce, honey.

9928B012-02C2-40B6-85DA-54C54E45ACDC.jpeg

From France: olive oil, salt, toothpaste. We stopped at a natural foods shop in Abbeville on the way down.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina