• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Places you've stayed for a week or more

My list is pretty short, though I have lots of places I would LIKE to spend a week in! So far it's: Paris, Edinburgh, Chipping Campden, London, & Rome. But we'll be in Barcelona for a full week later this month!

It's fun to see other folks's lists!

Besides smaller trips, I stay 1 week to 10 days in 3 destinations at different tiems of the year every year. The list is too long. Therefore I will only cite those places not mentioned by othersMenton, FranceSaignon, France (in the Luberon)Goult, France (Luberon)St Jean de Luz/Ciboure, Basque country (French side)Sare Basque country (French side)San Sebastian, Basque country (Spanish side)Jaujac, France (Ardèche region)Collioure, France St Cirq Lapopie (the Lot-Célé river region, France)Bouziès, The Lot-Célé river region (the Lot-Célé river region, France)Marcillac sur Célé (the Lot-Célé river region, France)(It is a region to which I return nearly every year.)La Ville es Nonais, France (northern Brittany, by the Rance river)ViennaHong KongShanghaiBeijing
I don't know why in my messages many spaces between words have been removed. They were not removed by me. Sorriest my message became illegible. The list should have been something like
Saignon, France (in the Luberon)
Goult, France (Luberon)
St Jean de Luz/Ciboure, Basque country (French side)
Sare Basque country (French side)
San Sebastian, Basque country (Spanish side)
Jaujac, France (Ardèche region)
Collioure, France
St Cirq Lapopie (the Lot-Célé river region, France)
Bouziès, The Lot-Célé river region (the Lot-Célé river region, France)
Marcillac sur Célé (the Lot-Célé river region, France) (It is a region to which I return nearly every year.)
La Ville es Nonais, France (northern Brittany, by the Rance river)
Vienna
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Beijing
(adding)
Bangkok
Koh Samui
Penang
Seville

With the exception of the first entry, Pauline is responsible for our list. When I found slowtravel.com over 20 years ago, I hadn't ventured much beyond California. She and that wonderful community inspired us to make our first trip to Europe on our own and to embrace slow travel. As I made this list, images of the places and glorious art Meredith and I have seen kept popping to mind. But most heartening is recalling the many friends we have made along the way.

Thank you, Pauline! You changed our lives.

Yalapa, Mexico
Paris
Venice
Siena
London
Chipping Campden
Plzen
Prague
Kostelec nad Orlici (Czech Rep.)
Florence
Gualdo Cattaneo (Umbria)
Creti (near Cortona)
Sorrento
Bosco (Reggio Emilia)
Dingle
Queen Mary 2 (Transatlantic crossing)

Last edited:
I find this interesting because it makes me aware that we apparently don't stay put for too long :) In Europe we have never stayed a full week in one city//town. We have sailed the Caribbean many times but we bounce island to island, favorite being the French Iles des Saintes and the British Virgin Islands. We have done many land based trips on St John, USVI for a week or two at a time. We have certainly spent a week or two in many US towns/cities primarily East Coast beach towns from Delaware to Florida and a few states to the west, but that's not Europe.

We are currently trying to decide on a destination for April, perhaps the UK? We might try a homebase for 9 nights somewhere there? but knowing us we'll probably bounce!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina